If you are a Spotify subscriber and you have found an alternative for spotify, then you might want to delete your Spotify account. After all, there are many other options for music streaming like Google play music, Apple music and Amazon music.
So today, We have created a complete guide on how to delete Spotify account.
Note :- Since the spotify mobile app doesn’t allow you to delete your account, you will require a PC to follow this procedure.
What is Spotify ?
Before we start discussing, how to delete Spotify account, we should first understand what is spotify ?
Spotify is a Swedish audio streaming platform which provides access to over 40 million tracks. Under spotify, Basic features are offered for free (with advertisement), while additional features are offered by paid subscriptions. As of 2019, Spotify was valued at $16 billion.
For Spotify premium subscribers – In order to delete your Spotify account, you will have to first cancel your Spotify premium subscription.
How to cancel Spotify premium?
In order to cancel Spotify premium subscription, you just need to follow the simple instructions mentioned below :-
1. Open Spotify’s website – First you have to open this link – https://www.spotify.com/ on your computers’s browser.
2. Login – After that, enter the email address and password for your Spotify account and click on login.
3. Click on profile – The profile option is visible on the upper right side of the screen. once you click on it, a drop down menu will appear.
4. Click on account – Now, you will see an account option in the drop down menu. Click on it.
5. Open manage plan – You will now be directed to your Spotify account page where you will find the manage plan option. You just need to simply click on it.
Note :- If you are unable to find this option, click on the account overview tab to make sure that you are on the correct page.
6. Click on change or cancel – It is a green button placed at the middle of the screen.
7. Click on cancel premium – Click on the cancel premium option reflecting below the change plans.
8. Click on yes, cancel – Simply click on yes, cancel option.
Congrats, You have successfully cancelled your Spotify premium subscription. You can now proceed ahead to delete your Spotify account.
Now let’s learn, How to delete Spotify account
How To Delete Spotify Account?
In order to delete your Spotify account, you just need to follow the simple instructions mentioned below:-
First you have to open this link – Contact Spotify Support
1. Open Spotify customer service page on your computer’s browser.
2. Login – Now, Enter the email address and password for your Spotify account and click on login.
3. Click on account – Click on the account option visible at the top of the page.
4. Click on “I want to close my spotify account permanently” – Simply click on this option visible at the middle of the page.
5. Click on close account – Click on the close account option reflecting on the lower left side of the page.
6. Click on continue – It is visible on the lower right side of the screen.
7. Check the “I understand and still want to close my account” box – Make sure to check the box to proceed ahead.
8. Click on the continue tab – Once you click on continue, you will receive an email from Spotify on your registered email ID.
9. Open the email – Open your registered email ID and open the email from spotify.
10. Click on close my account – Once you open the email, you will see a close my account option right in the middle of the email. Simply click on it.
Congrats, You have successfully deleted your spotify account.
So, There you have it, This is one of the most convenient and easy answer’s for how to delete spotify account.
If you have any other questions related to this topic, You can feel free to comment below and we will be happy to assist you.
Ready To Knoowmore- Checkout Our Article On How To Connect Phone To TV | How To Cast Screen ?