Facebook has recently added some GIFs sharing features to their site, Thus posting a GIF on Facebook has become a lot easier. A GIF helps you to express your feelings in a very unique way.
You can use GIFs in a few different ways on Facebook – As your status, As a comment only, As a comment with text, and more. So today, We have created a complete guide on how to post GIFs on Facebook.
What is a GIF?
Before we start discussing, How to post GIFs on Facebook, we should first understand What is a GIF. A GIF is basically an image file that is animated by combining several other images or frames into a single file.
Unlike the JPEG image format, GIFs (Graphics Interchange Format) uses lossless compression that does not affect the quality of your image.
Here’s an example of a GIF :-
How to post a GIF on your timeline ?
In order to post a GIF on your Facebook timeline, you just need to follow the simple instructions mentioned below :-
1. Open Facebook and login
Open the link – Facebook.com and login to your account.
2. Click on the textbox – “What’s on your mind”
Once you are logged into your Facebook account, click on the Text box – “What’s on your mind” to add a new post. You will find this text box at the top of the page.
3. Select the GIF option
Below the textbox in the new post window, you will be able to see many different options to add to your post. Select the GIF option.
4. Select your GIF and click on it to add it to your post
On the top of the window, you can see the search bar. Click on it and type what you are looking for. Once you have selected an image, Click on it to add it to your new status.
5. Add extra details
To make your post look more attractive, You can add location, caption and tag friends.
This is one of the most convenient and easy answer’s for how to post GIFs on Facebook timeline.
How to post GIF in a comment ?
1. Select the post that you would like to comment on.
The very first step includes selecting suitable post to comment on. You can search for different posts by scrolling through your Facebook feed.
2. Click on the Textbox- “Comment on this post”
Once you have selected a post, click on the text Box that says “comment on this post”.
3. Click on the GIF icon
In the comment text box, You will be able to see different icons on the right side. Click on the GIF icon option.
4. Select a GIF and click on it
On the top of the window, You can see the search bar. Click on it and type what you are looking for. Once you have selected an image, click on it to share it. Make sure to choose the right image, because as soon as you click on it, the image will automatically be shared as a comment.
Now that you have got your answer for how to post GIF in a comment. Let’s learn, how to post GIF in a status.
How to post GIF in a status ?
Here are the instructions to post a GIF in a status.
1. Open any mobile browser- Firstly, You need to open a mobile browser. I will recommend you to use Google Chrome.
2. Search for GIF – On the top of the window, you can see the search bar. Click on it and search for GIF.
3. Copy the GIF- Once you have selected a GIF, Tap and hold the GIF until a pop up menu appears. Now press on the copy option.
4. Open Facebook – Enter your email address and password to login to your Facebook account.
5. Tap the text box “what’s on your mind” – This is visible at the top of the page. Click on it.
6. Tap and hold the text field – Tap on the text field – what’s on your mind and hold onto it. After a second or two, You will see a paste option.
7. Press on paste – Simply click on the paste option. This will copy the GIF into your Facebook status box.
8. Once Loaded, Tap On Post – Once the loading is completed, click on post.
Congrats, You have successfully posted a GIF in your Facebook status.
This wraps up our article on How To Post GIFs on Facebook.
If you have any other questions related to this topic, You can feel free to comment below and we will be happy to assist you.
Ready to Knoowmore – CheckOut Our Article On Top 10 Free Facebook Games To Play With Your Friends.